Plans are well under way for the 2013 Worcestershire Literary Festival which will take place from June 14th to June 23rd. The WLF Committee and Sub-Committees on programming, PR/Comms, fundraising and our relaunched friends scheme are working hard to bring a wide variety of events leading up to the festival, the festival itself and beyond.
Here is a snapshot of some of the things we have been working on:
- We have relaunched our Friends scheme thanks to the hard work of Committee member Alan Durham. For £15 a year you can become a friend of the lit fest and receive a membership card, a copy of our quarterly newsletter (first one to be released at the end of March 2013) and two tickets to one of our events during the festival in June.
- There is a Corporate Friends Scheme for businesses who would like to support the festival and advertise in our brochure. For £100 a year businesses who join get a certificate to display in their premises, two tickets to the launch event of the Festival in the Guildhall Worcester on Friday 14th June which include the VIP reception beforehand, a copy of our quarterly newsletter and attend a special networking event just for Corporate Friends to be organised in October 2013.
- See our full programme of pre-festival events including our new series of Learn : Eat : Perform workshops which start this Sunday with Spoz and Gary Longden doing PA/Microphone training, our monthly Parole Parlate: The Spoken Word events and others to be confirmed.
- The programme for the festival proper is coming together, more information will be shown on this blog as it becomes available.
- A Bard For Worcestershire 2013 is now open – will YOU be the next Worcestershire Poet Laureate?
We’ll post more on this blog as we have it so stay tuned and for all the latest updates don’t forget to bookmark this page.