The Worcestershire Literary Festival Flash Fiction Competition 2013
We’re looking for Flash Fiction of fewer than 300 words to be submitted to us before 10 May 2013.
Competition now open.
- Closing date is 10 May 2013.
- The maximum word limit is 300, not including the title (no minimum).
- You may send up to three entries.
- Submitted pieces must not have been published elsewhere and must be the entrant’s own original work. Translations of anyone else’s work are not eligible. Copyright remains with the writer.
- Entries will be published on the WLF website, read at WLF events and included in an anthology later in the year.
- Entries must be in English.
- Submit entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line of the e-mail must say WLF Flash Fiction Submission and include a circa 50 word profile of the writer in the third person.
- Entries should be attached as Word or RTF documents. Give your name and contact details in the body of the email, as well as the title and word count of your submission(s). If you are paying by PayPal, your receipt no/transaction code should be included. Do not put your name or email address on the entry itself.
- Entries should be single spaced, in Times New Roman, 12pt.
- The winners and runners-up will be announced at the Flash Fiction event in Worcester on 15 June 2013.
- There is no theme. All styles and genres are welcome.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
Entry into the competition is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
All entries will be judged anonymously.
Judges: Lindsay Stanberry-Flynn and Calum Kerr.