And that’s a wrap! Thanks to everyone who made the WLF Mini Online Festival a success.
The Double Whammy Slammy was amazing! We are grateful to everyone who took part, to the audience for coming to enjoy the Finale Show and to our Guest Judges, Angi Holden and Polly Stretton (Flash Fiction), Poetry Judges Suz Winspear and Nina Lewis (two former Poets Laureate).
The standard was incredibly high. Amazing writing and incredible performances.
We are pleased to announce the 2020 Slam Champions:
Flash Fiction – Roz Levens
Poetry – Wesley Rolston
Congratulations to you both!
Competition results for the Young Writer Competition and Flash Fiction 2020.
Young Writers Winners 2020
1. The Pop-up book – Daisy Jenkinson (Kings Hawford)
2. Opposite Day – Arlo Cocklin (Claines School)
3. The Castle of Doom – Sophia Smith (Claines School)
1. Which Choice? – Cerys Wright (Christopher Whitehead School)
2. Info in Pictures – Ibrahim Yahie (Brentford Post Code)
3. The Day I was Saved by a Whale Shark – Daniel Thomas (Blessed Edward)
1. Waves – Daniel Tipple (Blessed Edward)
2. The Painted Frames of Silver – Joshua Falcon (Baxter College, Kidderminster)
Flash Fiction Winners 2020
First “Her Final Goodbye” author: Georgie (Georgina) Bull
Second “False impressions” author: Yvonne Clarke
Third “Smoke Without Fire” author; Susan Howe
Congratulations to all the 2020 Winners!