Worcestershire LitFest & Fringe International Flash Fiction Competition 2019 – Now Open
- The 2019 LitFest International Flash Fiction Competition is now open
- Closing Date Friday 30 April 2019
- Send us your flash fiction, maximum 300 words
- Up to three submissions
- Entry fee: £4 per story or £10 for three
- For rules see below
- Judges: Tony Judge and Rod Griffiths
The Flash Fiction Winners will be announced at the Festival Launch event Sunday 9 June 2019.
There will be a celebratory launch of the 2019 anthology later in the year
Competition now open. Email your submissions to email@example.com. Rules, guidelines and payment details below.
- The closing date is 30 April 2019.
- The maximum word limit is 300, not including the title (no minimum).
- You may send up to three entries.
- Your entry must be original, in English, unpublished and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. LitFest retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the winning entries to be published in a LitFest publication.
- Translations of anyone else’s work are not eligible. Copyright remains with the writer.
- Entries may be published on the LitFest website, read at LitFest events and may be included in an anthology later in the year.
- Entries must be in English..
- Entries should be attached as a Word or an rtf document. Give your name and contact details in the body of the email, as well as the title and word count of your submission(s) and a profile of the writer in the third person. If you are paying by PayPal, your receipt no/transaction code should be included. Do not put your name or email address on the entry itself.
- Entries should be single spaced, in Times New Roman or Arial, 12pt.
- The winners and runners-up will be announced at the launch of the festival in Worcester on 9 June 2019.
- There is no theme. All styles and genres are welcome.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
Entry into the competition is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
All entries will be judged anonymously.
Judges: Tony Judge, Rod Griffiths, and Lindsay Stanberry-Flynn
Competition closes 30 April 2019
Results announced 9 June 2019
First prize £50
Second prize £25
Third prize £10
Submission Guidelines – Flash and Micro Fiction
Flash and micro fiction not to exceed 300 words.
Up to three submissions per person.
Flash and micro fiction not to have been published or performed elsewhere.
Copyright will remain with the writer of the original work.
Entry fee is £4 per story or £10 for three.
Alternatively, send a cheque made payable to Worcestershire LitFest & Fringe with your full contact details to:
7 Nursery Road
By entering this competition you are agreeing that your work, if selected, can be published on the LitFest website, read at LitFest events and included in an anthology later in the year.
You must attach your submission as a .doc .docx or .rtf file to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you have sent your payment by post. Please do not write your name on the flash fiction/s, but include their titles in the body of your submission email.
You must include a 50 word profile (in the third person) in the body of the e-mail
Your e-mail subject line must read: ‘LitFest Flash Fiction Submission’
Please note that entries sent without the entry fee will not be considered and we cannot read the same submission twice. If you have entered previously, please do not re-submit the same piece. We love to read new work!
All entries will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt of your payment. If you have not heard from us within a week please contact us. It is your responsibility to confirm your entry has been received.
No alterations can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into. No entrant may win more than one prize.
Due to the large number of submissions, we cannot accept any that do not follow submissions guidelines and rules.
So get your writing fingers moving! Good luck!