Worcestershire LitFest & Fringe & Black Pear Press International Flash Fiction Competition 2020 – Now Open
- The 2020 LitFest International Flash Fiction Competition is now open
- Closing Date Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Send us your flash fiction, maximum 300 words
- Up to three submissions per person
- Entry fee: £4 per story or £10 for three
- Prizes are £50 for 1st place, £25 for 2nd and £10 for 3rd, plus publication in an annual Flash Fiction anthology (should there are an adequate number of entries).
- Judges: Tony Judge and Rod Griffiths
- Entries will be judged anonymously
The Flash Fiction Winners will be announced at the Festival Launch event and winners will be invited to attend and read their entries. (Festival postponed due to Coronavirus – we will keep you updated).
There will be a celebratory launch of the 2020 anthology later in the year
Competition now open. Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rules, guidelines and payment details below.
- The closing date is 30th June 2020.
- The maximum word limit is 300, not including the title (no minimum).
- You may send up to three entries.
- Your entry must be original, in English, unpublished and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. LitFest retains one-time nonexclusive publication rights to the winning entries to be published in a LitFest publication.
- Translations of anyone else’s work are not eligible. Copyright remains with the writer.
- Entries may be published on the LitFest website, read at LitFest events and may be included in an anthology later in the year.
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be submitted to email@example.com
- Your e-mail subject line must read: ‘LitFest Flash Fiction Submission’
- Entries must include a 50 word profile in the body of the email, along with the author’s name and contact details, the title of the work and the word count. Do not include your name on the entry attachment itself.
- If you are paying by PayPal, your receipt number/transaction code should be included in the email. Please state that the fee was sent by post if you send a check.
- Entries should be attached as a Word or an rtf. document.
- Entries should be single spaced, in Times New Roman or Arial, 12pt.
- The winners and runners-up will be announced at the launch of the festival in Worcester. (Festival postponed due to Coronavirus – we will keep you updated).
- There is no theme. All styles and genres of flash fiction prose are welcome, from writers of all nationalities and locations but please do not send poetry.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
Due to the large number of submissions, we cannot accept any that do not follow submissions guidelines and rules.
Entry into the competition is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
Entry fee is £4 per story or £10 for three.
or for three entries via PayPal by clicking here:
Alternatively, send a cheque made payable to Worcestershire LitFest & Fringe with your full contact details to:
7 Nursery Road
By entering this competition you are agreeing that your work, if selected, can be published on the LitFest website, read at LitFest events and included in an anthology later in the year.
Please note that entries sent without the entry fee will not be considered and we cannot read the same submission twice. If you have entered previously, please do not re-submit the same piece. We love to read new work!
All entries will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt of your payment. If you have not heard from us within a week please contact us. It is your responsibility to confirm your entry has been received.
No alterations can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into. No entrant may win more than one prize.
So get your writing fingers moving! Good luck!